In November Sam's class made a "Kindness Quilt". They each had to say what kindness meant to them. I saw the display on the wall when I went for parent-teacher interviews at the end of November. Most of them said things like "kindness is helping my mom" or "kindness is when I help my mom clean the house"...(lots of 'helping mom' definitions. When I got to Sam's, I was quite surprised and thrilled to read his response....

It says "kindness is help(ing) kids with cancer by donating money to cancer".
Now...how can that not make a mother proud?? My sweet boy. :)
2 comments:
This is a very nice post... Sam is a very compassionate and giving boy. He is such a sweetheart. I still remember that weekend when you went to Calgary & I babysat them. Sam wanted to sleep in the same bed with me in your room... So sweet! Then he was sitting on the bed waiting for me to be done getting ready for bed and he had his money pouch in his hands. Went I sat down beside him, he said, "I want to give you something for staying with us for 2 whole nights." Then he opened his one hand and stretched it out towards me with a toonie in it. I almost cried... What a sweetie... I told him that that was ok and that I enjoyed staying with them and that he didn't have to give me anything for that. But he said he wanted to give me that so that when I see it I know he gave that to me.
Then, when my babysitting was done, and I brought the boys to the Moser Grandparents for the last night, Sam had made a homemade card and taped some money on it too & put it secretly in his Moser Grandparents mailbox at the end of their driveway. The card also said thanks for taking care of us. Such a sweetheart! Your other boys are so sweet too. It's such a blessing that they are that way! You're doing a great job, mom!!
Ahh, what a sweetie!!!
Post a Comment