This morning Jude kept asking me for "deedee" and I had no idea what he wanted. He had been using this word for a few days and I haven't been able to figure it out. Then he added another word to it and said "Jamy deedee"....and I finally understood him. "Jamy" is Jeremy and he wanted to watch the DVD that Jeremy put together.
Jeremy is quite the film-maker. When we get together with Colleen and Jerrie he often has the video camera in hand he comes up with movie plots and directs the kids and films it. He's put together a DVD of all their movies and fight scense etc. It's quite cool...and of course, it's Jude's latest obsession. He loves watching it. So what he was telling me was that he wanted to watch "Jeremy DVD".
And that got me thinking...when Seth was Jude's age, the word I had to figure out was "vizzy"...which of course meant video. Jude doesn't even know that word. In only 10 years it's gone from "vizzy" to "deedee". It amazes me how quickly that transition went...and that's just from my first child to my last child...not even from children to grandchildren!!!
1 comment:
Laurel! I just discovered your blog thanks to a link on Allison Harder's page. If you don't mind I'll add you as a link on mine as well...your pictures of family life are absolutely priceless and very entertaining. :) I love the photos of Jude covered in icing sugar. (Congrats on getting your scrapbook page published, by the way!! wow!)
Post a Comment