Well, it's been 2 weeks and Jude's pretty much completely potty-trained!!!! I'm in shock! I was dreading it soooo much and, really, it's been a breeze. He had the peeing thing figured out after only 3 days. By then, he already preferred going on the "to-ret" instead of the potty. And the last 3 days he's accomplished the other "job". Let's hope that one continues. So Mommy is VERY VERY happy. And you know what else???? Practically from the day we started he's been dry after naps AND in the morning!!! Amazing! I'm so excited....can you tell?? :D
BASEBALL
Baseball kicked off this weekend. The boys all had evaluations on Saturday and Sunday. It was fun to watch the boys...they're excited to have baseball get started. In just a few short weeks, it'll be baseball games almost every night of the week. I'm actually looking forward to it. The boys need it already...they're feeling pretty cooped up these days.
AMERICAN IDOL
So, I'm totally into American Idol again this year....and am REALLY loving this season. My favourite by FAR is Danny Gokey. He's actually a church music leader and he lost his wife just 4 weeks before the auditions. Very sad story. Anyway, last week he sang a song by Rascal Flatts and it almost brought me to tears.
CHICKNEXIONS
That's the name of the Friday morning women's bible study group I've been attending since January. We're on week 10 of a 12 week video teaching series by John Bevere called "Driven by Eternity".

It's been AMAZING!! I've learned so much and been really challenged to change my mindset from the here and now to what my focus should be on....eternity! It's so easy to get wrapped up in just living life day-to-day when really our life here is "zero time" in comparison to how long eternity is. Our life here is but a "whisp" of time and yet we will be judged for how we spent that time...and only that which was done for eternal rewards will count. And that judgement will last for ETERNITY!! What a sobering reality that has been for me. And not only the things we do...but our thoughts, motives, intentions and the things God has CALLED us to do will be judged! I want to live beyond the temporal things of this world and the fleeting rewards here and focus on the incomparable rewards of my eternal life. :)
Shape n Race Rally
The Boys Brigade "Shape n Race Rally" is coming up soon so this week the boys are busy shaping and sanding their cars. They just love working out in the garage with their Dad and tools. :D
Sam's making a bus this year:



Gitchies
Ok...so perhaps this is an inappropriate picture for the blog....but this week I'm finding I now have FOUR piles of little gitchies to fold (ok, some are not so little anymore....and actuallly there's 5 piles...but I didn't think that 5th person would appreciate me posting THAT on here). ;)

Easter
Lastly...it's almost Easter!! I'm so excited. The boys only have 3 1/2 days of school this week...they're done at noon on Thursday. And then, Trev's parents arrive Thursday evening to spend the weekend with us. Jude can hardly wait. He's been talking about seeing them for WEEKS!! I'm not sure what the plans are for the weekend but apparently a trip to IKEA on Saturday is already a definite. LOL! There are certain family members (who shall remain un-named) that are sending them on an errand. That's ok...I love IKEA too!!!
Have a wonderful Easter everyone!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment