Thursday, August 21, 2008

Down by the riverside

For the past week we've had some beautiful weather out here...hot and sunny days. So Colleen and I have taken our kids down to the Sheep River a couple of days. The boys love it there.

Sam spends most of his time catching minnows...the last day we were there he had a bucket SWARMING with minnows. Thank goodness he didn't insist on bringing them home...although when I cleaned out the back of the van, he had managed to sneak home about 3 dead ones in his pail...why, I'm not sure.



Jonah likes taking the tube down the river...although the last time he hit his butt on a rock and then he was ticked and said that was it...he was done.



Jeremy and Matthew like cruising down the river too



Seth, of course, just likes hanging out with Matt. He wasn't feeling so good the last time we went, so he didn't do much. We've had a bit of a flu going around our house this past week..but we're all doing better now.




All the guys hangin' out



And then there's Jude. He mostly liked sitting in his chair eating snacks and drinking gatorade..lol. No...he loved splashing around in the water too. Plus he liked annoying Jonah and Sam by always trying to dump out their pails of minnows. He'd always laugh when we tried to walk across the river together because even though the river is quite shallow, it came up to Jude's waist and every now and then the current would get him and his legs would try to float away. It was a good work-out for me, I tell you.





This week the boys have been in VBS. It's a western theme and they're really having a lot of fun. And so am I...3 hours of peace every morning...just kidding!! It's been nice for them to have something to do though. I can't believe only ONE more week before school starts again...YIKES!!

1 comment:

Maddy said...

These pictures made me so jealous. I want to be in a river. I want it to be nice enough that I can just be outside without melting. And I want to go tubing too.