




Jude loved playing with Auntie Lucy...she's soooo cwazy ;)
And me and my sista's!!
Yesterday was my *gulp* 38th birthday!! Actually, I was fine with it...I have no problem with approaching the big 40. I guess it means I'm now becoming "mature"...LOL!! Yeah right. It's like I said to someone yesterday...I'd rather be 38 than 20 again...been there, done that. I like where I'm at in life and I intend to age gracefully...if that's possible ;).
Anyway...it was a quietly spent birthday. Sam didn't have school yesterday so we went out to Walmart to gather things for his "100 day celebrations" and then we went to Tim Hortons for Ice Caps...he was quite excited about that. I cooked manicotti for dinner and Trev brought home a cake and some flowers. The boys were determined to put a sparkler on the cake so after rummaging around for a while, I finally found one. We all sat around the cake as I lit the sparkler and as soon as the thing went off Jude absolutely FREAKED OUT!!! Poor guy...he had no idea it was coming. I felt sorry for him but it was quite hilarious...the boys were laughing their heads off. Jude eventually calmed down but every time he got too near the sparkler he'd start wailing again. The boys figured they would have won on America's Funniest Home Videos if we'd have caught it on tape.
Jude was so still on edge and jumpy after the sparkler fiasco. When I opened the flowers that Trev gave me, he was turned away and I put the flowers close to his face so he could smell them...well, he turned, saw the flowers in his face and freaked out again...jumped about a foot in the air. This again sent the boys into gales of laughter. Not the most fun birthday celebration for Jude, that's for sure. He was sitting on my lap as I was downsizing the pictures of the sparkler just now and started whimpering again. I hope he's not traumatized ;).

1 comment:
Hi Everyone!
Happy Brithday, Laurel! I just talked to you yesterday and you mentioned updating your blog and bingo here it is! Nik and I had fun checking it out! Miss you lots!
Post a Comment